The Adult Squad Program is designed to provide opportunity for both competitive Masters swimmers and those looking to keep fit and enjoy the social aspects of swimming. The Geelong Swimming Club Masters Squad Program provides the following key elements for swimmers:
- On deck coaching from experienced and accredited coaches
- Stroke correction and advanced coaching through bio-mechanical assessments
- Guaranteed lane space all year around and lane capacity limits are in place to prevent lane over crowding
- Competitive pricing with multiple squad options including 1 free session per week
The squad structure is outlined below and is based on ability & swimmer commitment.
Open Water & Distance Squad
- This is a competitive squad which is designed to support the focus and ability of the swimmers.
- There are 5, 2 hr sessions available for this squad with a minimum of 4 sessions recommended. The 5th session each week is free to Masters members.
- This squad will target the Open Water swimming calendar and in the summer months will include training in the open water.
- There is an expectation that Masters swimmers in this squad will compete in either the Geelong Open or Geelong LC Meet as well as 2 Swimming Vic open water events.
- This newly developed squad is designed for Adult swimmers who wish to maintain their fitness and enjoy the more social aspect of swimming.
- There are 3, 1hr sessions available to the members of this squad with a minimum of 2 sessions recommended. The third session is free to Masters members.
- Kirsten Porter has joined GSC to manage and coach this squad. Kirsten is a former GSC swimmer and coach, the former Ballarat head coach and has recently completed a PHD in Sport Science.
- Georgina Fuller is a former Victorian Age & Open Champion and record holder and represented Australia on several occasions. Georgina will support with coaching the Adult squad.
- It is intended that at least 2, 1hr lunchtime sessions will be introduced to this squad in August when LL closes for 6 months maintenance works taking the pressure off numbers in the morning. Note morning sessions will still be offered.
The below pricing structure has been specially developed to support the introduction of Masters swimming within the Club.
Membership fees are paid annually (financial year) by the member and includes the GSC and SV portions of the membership. Swimming Victoria has advised of a 50% reduction on membership fees for the 2021/22 season commencing 1st July 2021.
Squad fees are direct debited from the members bank account on a monthly basis. Geelong Swimming Club is excited to offer the below fee structure which include 1 additional free session each week as outlined in the squad structure.
Geelong Swimming Club welcomes new and prospective members to complete up to three sessions with the Masters Squad free of charge over a 2 week period to allow members to make an informed decision on joining the Geelong Swimming Club masters squad program.