The Geelong Swimming Club Foundation (GSCF) was created to provide support to our swimmers within the club, who have a disability, those who suffer from a chronic illness and those impacted by financial hardship.
The aim of the Foundation is to lower costs for all members and is a tangible demonstration of our club values; involvement, opportunity, excellence and enjoyment.
The Board of the GSCF is comprised of outstanding Geelong citizens who have been involved in our club:
- Board Member (Chairman) – Glenn Benson (President, Geelong Swimming Club)
- Board Member (Governance) – Emy Simsic (Business Owner)
- Board Member (Treasury) – Suzie Mackinder (Chartered Accountant)
- Board Member (General) – Andrew Alexander (Geelong Legal)
The Foundation is approved by the Australian Charities and Not for profits Commission (ACNC) and has gained Deductible Goods Recipient status with the Australian Tax Office.
If you would like to donate to the GSCF or you know of a business or individual that has great community spirit that would like to donate, please follow the details below:
Tax deductable donations can be made from the following options:
- A named fund – where the donors’ family or business name is listed (or anonymous) as a contributor which can be added to over time. The accumulated capital will remain in the fund and the income generated is distributed annually.
- The GSCF 500 Club – where the donor gives a specific amount of $500 to join the fund with the proceeds being distributed annually. Donors can be anonymous.
- General Fund – Any donation which will be made available for distribution annually.
- Bequest – Support for the GSCF can also be made by leaving a contribution in a will.
The GSCF’s account numbers are: BSB 633-000, Account Number 164509911. Please use your surname on the deposit description or email me for assistance.
We would like to acknowledge the work of Anthony Farnan who has contributed to the application process and his employer, Coulter Roache for their support in providing Anthony’s services on a pro bono basis. We would also like to thank the board members for volunteering their time to bring substance to this unique idea.